Jun 13, 2012

20 Things I Learned in The Process of Growing Up.

#Delila's Happiness Project 2012 (6)
Spending time with the right people. I learnt that I need people that stand by my side when I am at my best & the ones who stand beside me when I’m at my worst.

Solve your problems. Try to face them. I learnt that it won’t be easy. I get upset, hurt and depressed to face problems. But I realised through the journey  it actually help me to become a better person.

Put on your own needs first.  Yes, help others, but help yourself too. I learnt that in life we need to be balance.

Be yourself. Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you.  I learnt that don’t change just to make people like you.  Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.

Move on. You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.

Just Do It. Doing something and getting it wrong is more productive than just sitting around, wondering & doing nothing.  I learnt that I will end up regretting the things I did not do far more than the things I did.

Never blame yourself.  We may love the wrong person and cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, one thing is for sure, mistakes help us find the person and things that are right for us. I learnt that every single thing that has ever happened in my life is actually preparing me for a moment to come.

Find happiness. The things that really satisfy us are totally free – love, laughter and working on our passions.

Be happy being you.  You have to be comfortable in your own life first before you can share it with someone else.

Getting involved in relationships & taking time to enjoy it.  There’s no need to rush.  I learnt that if something is meant to be, it will happen. In the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason.

Stop trying to compete against everyone else. Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only. When others making success, take this as motivation for you.

Understand things .You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough. I learnt that those negative things that thrown at you in the past eventually they led you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation. 

 Enjoy the little things. One day you may look back and discover they were the big things.  I learnt that the best moment in my life will be the small & nameless moments. It’s true when they say “good things come in small packages”.

Stop trying to make things perfect. The real world doesn't do perfectionists. I learnt that i just have to do as best as I can in everything.

Follow your heart. Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile.  I learnt that don’t take the easy way out. Do something  that I love & want.
We are human. It’s okay to fall apart for a little while.  You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well.  I learnt that cry if I need to, it’s good for my soul and the sooner I do, the sooner I will be able to breathe, think straight & smile again.

Stop blaming others for your troubles.  When you blame others for what you’re going through, you deny responsibility.

Be positive. I learnt that wake up every morning with a thought that something wonderful will happen in my life today, pay close attention to the thought and at the end of the day I’ll often find that I am right.

Be grateful.  Instead of thinking about what you’re missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing. So wakes up each day thankful for your life.

Smile!  Let everyone know that today you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday, and you will be.


So how about you lovelies, what did u learn in the process of growing up? I would love to know.

Love
Delila

No comments:

Post a Comment